For information regarding Twitter’s media policy, visit this article.
How do I flag media in Tweets?
You may encounter media in Tweets that require review by the Twitter team. If there is content you feel should be reviewed by the Twitter team because you believe it should be behind a warning message, or because it contains illegal content, please follow these instructions to flag the media:
- From the Tweet you would like to flag, click or tap the More icon (••• on web or iOS; on Android).
- Select Report.
- Select It displays a sensitive [image/video/media].
- Next we’ll provide recommendations for additional actions you can take to improve your Twitter experience.
Please remember that if you are seeing something you don’t like, and Twitter hasn’t placed a warning label before it, it’s possible that it doesn’t meet our threshold for a warning on the media.
What happens if my media gets flagged by other users?
If one of your Tweets containing media is reported, it will be sent to the Twitter team for review. If we find that the media wasn’t marked as being potentially sensitive at the time of the upload:
- We label the media as being potentially sensitive.
- We may also change your account setting to Mark media I tweet as containing material that may be sensitive so that future posts are marked accordingly.
You will receive an email letting you know that we’ve labeled your media and if we changed your media setting. You will be able to change your media settings on your account settings page, though this image and any other images that have been labeled will remain marked as potentially sensitive.
If you repeatedly upload media that are mislabeled, the Twitter team will:
- Label your media as having potentially sensitive content.
- Permanently adjust your account setting to Mark media I tweet as containing material that may be sensitive so that your future posts have a warning message users must click through before viewing your media.
Can I appeal a decision made by the Twitter team?
There is currently no way to appeal a decision by the Twitter team that changes your account setting to Mark media I tweet as containing material that may be sensitive.
How to report other Twitter Rules violations
For information outlining other types of violations and how you can report them to us, please see this article.