To change your notification settings:
- In the top menu, tap on the overflow icon (on the far right) and select Settings.
- Tap the username of the account you'd like to adjust.
- Under Notification settings, tap Notifications.
- From here you can tap to adjust the types of notifications you'd like to receive.
To set up notifications for new Tweets from selected accounts:
- Go to the account's profile on the app.
- Tap the star icon located next to the follow button. You will now receive notifications when that account tweets.
- To stop receiving notifications, simply tap the star icon again and then tap Yes from the menu that pops up.
If you’ve reached the device limit for push notifications:
If you've received an error message letting you know you can only have 25 devices attached to your account, that means you've reached the limit and you won't be able to create new push destinations. You can clear push destinations that are no longer in use by following these steps:
- Sign in to Twitter.com on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Navigate to your Application settings.
- Revoke access to the Twitter for Android app.
- Next, visit your Apps settings on your Android mobile device.
- Select the Twitter app and tap Uninstall. Note: your account is not deleted if you uninstall the app from your device.
- Next, from your Android mobile device, visit the Google Play store and search for Twitter.
- Install the Twitter for Android app.
- Once you’ve opened the app and signed in to your account, visit your Settings to reset your push notifications.
Enabling notifications on Kindle Fire or other tablet?
- Notifications are not push compatible on tablets even if Twitter for Android is installed.
- The notification setting relies on the sync setting and sync Interval to determine when the app pulls for new mentions, favorites, retweets, new followers, direct messages, or Tweets.
- Notifications will only appear when the device is active; no notifications appear when the device's screen turns off or goes to standby, but will appear in the status bar once the device is activated.