To block a Twitter user:
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Go to the profile page of the person you wish to block.
- Click the gear icon on their profile page. This brings up a drop-down actions menu.
- Select Block from the options listed.
Blocked users cannot:
- Add your Twitter account to their lists.
- Have their @replies or mentions show in your mentions tab (although these Tweets may still appear in search).
- Follow you.
- See your profile picture on their profile page or in their timeline.
- Tag you in a photo.
- Visit the blocked account's profile on Twitter.
- Click Unblock from the blocked user's dropdown menu.
Unfollowing and reporting accounts as spam:
Our Troubleshooting articles for following issues have answers to common problems.