How to sign up for an account
How to post and delete a Tweet
How to navigate your home timeline
The @Connect tab: mentions, Interactions, and more!
What's in the Me tab: your profile, direct messages, lists, favorites, and more!
- Tap the yellow Sign up button on the welcome screen and fill out the fields asking for your name, email address, desired username, and password.
- If your desired username is already taken, it will turn red and a message will drop down below the username field telling you to choose a new username.
- When you have completed the form, tap Sign up. A message will pop up telling you your account has been successfully created.
Note: Once your account is created, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address. You must confirm your email address in order for it to be fully associated with your Twitter account so that you can receive important notifications from us regarding your account.
To post a Tweet:
- Tap the compose Tweet icon (looks like a feather quill) at the top right of the home timeline screen (pictured below).
- Compose your message and tap Tweet.
- The Tweet will be successfully posted to your profile.
When composing a Tweet, you will also see the options to:
- @reply/mention another user
- add your location to the Tweet
To delete a Tweet:
- Tap the Tweet you'd like to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon at the bottom of the Tweet (pictured below).
- A message will pop-up with the option to cancel. Tap Delete Tweet.
- The Tweet will be successfully removed from your profile.
- At the bottom of your home timeline you’ll see a navigation bar.
- Home is where you see Tweets from the accounts you follow and can navigate back to your home timeline.
- @ (Connect) is where you can find your public @mentions.
- Me (the person icon) is where you can view and edit your profile, access your direct messages, lists, and more!
- Scroll down through your home timeline to see the latest updates from users you follow.
- From the home timeline, you can tap on an individual Tweet to see the Tweet’s details page, including photos and media, conversations, and the number of favorites and retweets the Tweet has received.
- On the Tweet’s details page you can also reply to, retweet, quote, or mark the Tweet as a favorite.
- The @ tab will strip out all other activity notifications and only display your replies and mentions from other users. What are the differences between replies and mentions? Learn more.
- Looking for someone? Pull down on the page to get to the Search bar at the top of the screen to find other users (pictured below).
Direct messages (DMs)
- From the Me tab, tap Direct messages to access your sent and received DMs.
- To respond to a DM, tap the username of the sender to open the conversation thread and type your message in the text box at the bottom of the page.
- To compose a new DM, tap the compose message icon (looks like a pen and a pad of paper) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- To delete a DM conversation, tap the arrow icon at the top right of the page and then select Delete conversation.
- To learn more about DMs, check out this handy article.
- Tap on your Profile and then Favorites to see a list of Tweets you recently marked as a favorite.
- Tap Lists to access lists that you’ve created on twitter.com and are currently subscribed to (Subscribed to is selected by default).
- Tap Member of to switch over to a view of other users’ lists that you’ve been added to.
- Tap a specific list to see more. Within each list you’ll have an option to view the lists Members or tap Tweets to see the the list’s timeline of Tweets.
Editing your profile
- Tap Edit Profile to change your profile image, bio, website, location, or real name.