Mobile notifications are updates and information sent to your mobile device alerting you to things happening on Twitter. You can opt to receive a variety of notification types, including:
- Mentions of your account (including photos you are tagged in)
- Retweets of your Tweets
- New followers
- Direct Messages
- Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications
- Crisis and emergency alerts
Choose between two types of notifications
There are two ways we can deliver notifications to your phone: via SMS text message or through your Twitter for iOS or Android app.
Notifications delivered as SMS text messages
- To receive notifications via SMS text message, follow the instructions listed here.
- Note: In order to receive notifications as SMS text messages, make sure you have a phone number attached to your account. You can find the instructions for adding one here.
Push notifications for your Twitter for iOS or Android app
- To receive push notifications through your Twitter for iOS app, follow the instructions listed here.
- To receive push notifications through your Twitter for Android app, follow the instructions listed here.