How to sign up for a new account:
- Open the app and tap the Sign up button.
- On the next page, fill in your account information (name, username, email address, and password).
- After entering your name, you can choose from one of the suggested usernames, or type in an available username of your choosing.
Pro tip: If you need help on managing multiple Twitter accounts through your app, read this article.
Updating your profile and account settings
- To edit your profile, tap the overflow icon
- Select your account, then tap Edit profile.
- To add an account or adjust your settings, tap the overflow iconto access the menu of choices.
How to post and delete a Tweet:
To post a Tweet:
- Tap on the Tweet compose icon
- Enter your message, and then tap Tweet.
- A notification will appear in the status bar on your device and will go away once the Tweet successfully sends.
To save a Tweet as a draft:
- If you would like to save your Tweet as a draft, tap the X in the Tweet compose window.
- You will see the option to save as a draft. You access your saved drafts, tap the overflow icon from your profile and select Drafts.
To post a photo or GIF with your Tweet:
- Tap the camera iconto take a photo, or to choose a photo or GIF from your gallery. You can select up to four photos in a Tweet.
- When you are finished selecting your photos, tap Done.
- Once you have taken or selected your photo, you will have the option to apply a filter and crop the image by tapping the pencil icon on the attached photo(s).
- You can tag people in your photo(s) by tapping Who’s in this photo? Type in the full name or @ username and then tap Done.
Tip: For more information about Tweeting photos, including instructions for changing your photo tagging privacy settings, click here.
To post a video with your Tweet:
- Click here to see more information and instructions for Tweeting a video.
- Note: Android OS 4.1 and higher is required to use the video feature.
To @reply or mention an account:
- From your keyboard, tap the @ symbol and start typing. A drop down list of accounts you follow will appear.
- As you type, the list will narrow down possible matches.
- When the username you are looking for appears, tap it and it will be populated in the Tweet composer.
To Tweet with your location:
- Tap the location iconto add your location and add it to your Tweet.
- To learn more about using the location feature on your mobile device, click here.
To include a URL in a Tweet:
- Links are automatically shortened using Twitter's own t.co service (read more about this here).
- Just start typing a link with http:// and the character counter will automatically deduct 20 characters—no matter how long the original link is.
To delete a Tweet:
- Tap the Tweet you'd like to delete, and then tap on the trash can icon
- A message will pop-up with the option to cancel. Tap Delete Tweet.
- A message will pop up with the option to proceed or cancel. Tap Yes to delete. The Tweet will be successfully removed from your profile.
Check out our Twitter for Android troubleshooting tips article for solutions to common issues.