How to sign up for an account
How to add an existing account
How to post and delete a Tweet
Home: Home timeline, navigation
@Connect: Mentions, Interactions, and more!
Me: Your profile, Direct Messages, lists, favorites, settings, and more!
How to remove your account
How to send a password reset from your mobile device
To sign up for an account:
- If you haven't already installed the Twitter for iPad app, go to about.twitter.com/products/ipad and follow the instructions on that page.
- Once the app is installed on your iPad, you can sign in with an existing account or sign up for a new account directly from the app.
- Tap the blue Sign up button on the welcome screen and fill out the fields asking for your name, phone number, desired username, and password.
- In order to verify your number, we will send you an SMS text message with a code. Enter the verification code in the box provided. Learn more about having a phone number associated with your account here.
- If your desired username is already taken, it will turn red and a message will drop down below the username field telling you to choose a new username.
- Once you've chosen a username that has not been taken, a blue check mark will appear next to the username.
- When you have completed the form, tap Sign up.
- A message will pop up telling you your account has been successfully created.
Note: If you'd like to sign up with an email address, you can do so by clicking on the "Use email instead" link at the bottom of the sign up page.
To add an existing account:
- If you already have an account and don’t want to sign up for a new one, tap Sign in on the welcome screen.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password to sign in.
- If you have multiple Twitter accounts, you can access them all from the Twitter for iPad app.
To add additional accounts:
- Tap the Me tab on the left side of the screen.
- On the next screen, tap the multiple accounts (the people icon) and then tap the plus sign (+) in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the username and password for your other account.
How to post and delete a Tweet
To post a Tweet:
- Tap the compose Tweet icon (looks like a feather quill) at the top right of the home timeline screen (pictured below).
- Compose your 140-character message and tap Tweet.
- The Tweet will be successfully posted to your profile.
When composing a Tweet, you will also see the options to:
- Take or add a photo
- Add your location
To delete a Tweet:
- Tap the Tweet you'd like to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon at the bottom of the Tweet.
- A message will pop up with the option to cancel. Tap Delete Tweet.
- The Tweet will be successfully removed from your profile.
Home: Home timeline and navigation
On the left of your home timeline you’ll see a navigation bar.
- Home is where you see Tweets from the accounts you follow and can navigate back to your home timeline.
- @Connect is where you can find your public @mentions and Tweet interactions.
- Me is where you can view and edit your profile, access your direct messages, lists, and more!
- Scroll down through your home timeline to see the latest updates from users you follow.
- When the Home tab has a blue glow next to it, it means that there are new Tweets waiting to hit your timeline. Tap the Home button or pull down on your timeline to load these new Tweets.
- From the home timeline, you can tap on an individual Tweet to expand it. Expanded Tweets include photos and media, conversations, and the number of favorites and retweets the Tweet has received.
- Once the Tweet is expanded you can also @reply, retweet, quote, mark the Tweet as a favorite, or share.
- Swipe your finger across any individual Tweet and a shortcuts menu will appear. From this menu, you can also @reply, retweet, mark the Tweet as a favorite, or share.
@Connect: Mentions, Interactions, and more!
- At the top of the screen you will see two menu options — Interactions and Mentions.
- The Interactions tab displays a timeline of the activity around your account. Here, you can see who has recently followed you, mentioned you, retweeted you or marked your Tweets as favorites.
- The Mentions tab will strip out all other activity notifications and only display your mentions and @replies. To learn more about the differences between @replies and mentions click here.
- Looking for someone? Use the search icon at the top of the screen to find other users.
- You can remove your contacts from Twitter at any time. Simply visit this page on twitter.com and click the Remove link.
- You can also remove contacts from mobile.twitter.com if you're on a mobile device.
- After 18 months, we remove your contacts for you.
Me: Your profile, Direct Messages, lists, favorites, and more!
- When the Me tab has a blue glow next to it, it means that you have a new Direct Message waiting for you.
- Tap the envelope icon in your Me tab to access your sent and received Direct Messages.
- To respond to a Direct Message, tap the username of the sender to open the conversation thread and type your message in the text box at the bottom of the page.
- To compose a new Direct Message, tap the compose message icon (looks like a pen and a pad of paper) in the upper right corner of the screen. Enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the users you wish to send a Message to. A group Message can include up to 50 people.
- To delete a Direct Message conversation, tap the arrow icon at the top right of the page and then select Delete conversation.
- To learn more about Direct Messages, read this article.
- If you have any specific saved searches on twitter.com, you can access them by tapping Saved searches in the Me tab.
- Tap the individual saved search and you’ll be taken to a page where the current search results for that term are displayed.
- Tap on the Me tab and scroll down to Favorites. Tap to view Tweets you have recently marked as a Favorite.
- If your Tweets are protected, you will see the option to access your Follower requests. Selecting this option will take you to a page where you can accept or reject your pending requests.
- Tap Lists to access lists that you’ve created on twitter.com and are currently subscribed to (Subscribed to is selected by default).
- Tap Member of to switch over to a view of other users’ lists that you’ve been added to.
- Tap a specific list to see more. Within each list you’ll have an option to view the lists members or tap Tweets to see the the list’s timeline of Tweets.
- If you have multiple accounts added to the app, you can switch by tapping multiple account (the people icon) which is located directly to the right of the gear icon located in the Me tab.
Font size settings
- You can change the size of the font on your screen by navigating to Me > Gear Icon> Settings > Font Size.
Editing your profile
- Tap the gear icon and select Edit profile to change your profile image, bio, website, location, or name.
To set push notifications for your account when a user tweets, retweets, favorites, mentions, DMs you or follows you:
- Go to your app Settings and select Notifications.
- You will see the option to set notifications for all mentions, or just from accounts you follow, and for direct messages.
- You will know immediately when selected people you follow have performed any of these actions.
How to remove your account:
Removing an account from the Twitter for iPad app effectively signs that account out of the app. It does not delete your account. You can always add an account back later by using the Sign In button.
To remove an account:
- Open your device's settings and select the Twitter application.
- Select the account you wish to remove.
- Tap on Delete Account. This does not delete your Twitter account, only removes it from the app.
To add your account back to the app:
- Open the Twitter for iPad app.
- Tap Sign in.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tap Done.
If you've forgotten your account's password you can follow the steps below to reset your password.
- If you're using a mobile device to access Twitter, you can send yourself a password reset via Twitter for Android, Twitter for iPhone, or mobile.twitter.com.
- On the welcome page, select Sign in and then Forgot password?
- Enter the email address or username that you are trying to request a password reset for. If you have a phone number associated with the account, you can choose to receive a reset via SMS.
For more information about resetting your password, please see this article.