@MagicRecs is a Twitter account that sends personalized recommendations as direct messages (DMs) when something interesting happens in your network. For example, if a Tweet is favorited or retweeted by a number of accounts you follow, @MagicRecs will send you a DM with a link to the Tweet. Learn more.
To start receiving recommendations, all you have to do is follow the @MagicRecs account. If you wish to stop receiving @MegicRecs recommendations, simply unfollow the account.
Interacting with @MagicRecs via direct message
@MagicRecs also accepts and responds to DMs using the following commands:
- “Hi”, “hello”, or “hey” will prompt @MagicRecs to respond with a greeting.
- “Help” will return a DM list of available actions.
- “Tweets on/off” to turn on or off recommendations for Tweets it thinks you may find interesting.
- “Users on/off” will enable or disable @MagicRecs from sending you recommendations of users it thinks you will enjoy following.
- “Good” tells @MagicRecs that you like the recommendations it’s sending.
- “Bad” tells @MagicRecs that you do not enjoy your personalized recommendations.
Receiving recommendations as push notifications
If you’ve downloaded the Twitter for Android or iOS apps, you also have the ability to receive recommendations as push notifications sent to your device. Please note that this setting is enabled by default.
To enable or disable push recommendations:
- Go to the Me tab.
- Tap the gear icon and select Settings.
- Tap Notifications under the desired Twitter account.
- Next to “Recommendations” select the option to turn it on or off.