Embedded timeline widgets give you the ability to embed a collection of Tweets (known as a timeline) on your own website. There are four types of embedded timelines available, all of which look and feel like timelines on twitter.com:
- User Timeline: Display public Tweets from any user on Twitter.
- Favorites: Show all Tweets a specific user has marked as favorites.
- List: Show Tweets from public lists that you own and/or subscribe to.
- Search: Display customized search results in real time (perfect for live events, conferences, brands, etc.).
To add an embedded timeline to your website:
- Sign in to Twitter.
- Go to your settings and select Widgets.
- Click Create new.
- Choose the type of embedded timeline you’d like and start to configure it:
- For User Timeline, enter the username of the user whose Tweets you want to display.
- For Favorites, enter the username of the user whose favorites you want to display.
- For List, select a public list that you own and/or subscribe to in the drop-down menu.
- For Search, enter your search query (for advanced searches, use Twitter’s search operators).
- Make sure to select Safe mode if you want to exclude sensitive content, profanity, etc.
- Customize the design by specifying the height, theme (light or dark), and link color to match your website. You can also configure your embedded timeline to auto-expand Tweets containing media.
- Click Create widget and then copy and paste the code into the HTML of your site. You’re done!
Our troubleshooting article on Twitter buttons and embedding Tweets has answers to common problems.