How to find people by name:
- Type the person's name or username into the search box at the top of your twitter.com Home timeline, or tap the search icon through your Twitter for iOS or Android app. Your results will show a combination of people and Tweets related to your search.
- Via twitter.com: From the More options dropdown, click Accounts to filter your search results to see accounts related to your search query.
- On the Twitter for iOS and Android apps: Tap the refine search icon and select People, then tap Apply to filter your search results to see accounts related to your search query.
Browse Twitter's account suggestions:
Suggestions through the Connect tab on your Twitter for iOS or Android apps:
- Personalized account recommendations connect you with accounts we think you'll want to follow.
- Find people you may know on Twitter by uploading contacts from your device’s address book.
Twitter’s suggestions for Who to follow:
- When you log in to twitter.com, Who to follow suggestions will appear next to your Home timeline, the Notifications tab, profile and search results pages, as well as other places on Twitter.
- When you dismiss a suggestion (by clicking the X next to it) a new suggestion will automatically appear.
Suggestions via email:
- Twitter will suggest accounts as follow suggestions via email notification.
- Tip: You can control when and how often Twitter sends you emails in your notifications settings.
Take a look at our troubleshooting articles for solutions to common issues around using search on Twitter.