How do I access mobile.twitter.com if I don't have a smartphone?
Twitter's mobile website will look different if you are using a feature phone. We've detailed the differences below. If you're accessing mobile.twitter.com with a smartphone, please see this tutorial.
When you log in to your account on mobile.twitter.com, you will see your Home timeline and a navigation menu at the top of the screen.
- Select the Home tab (birdhouse icon) to navigate directly to your Home Timeline.
- The Connect tab (@ icon) will bring you to a page where you can view your Interactions and Mentions.
- Selecting the Me tab (person icon) will take you to your profile, where you can also access your Favorites and Direct Messages.
- The blue compose a Tweet icon allows you to draft and send Tweets.
To post a Tweet:
- Tap on the compose a Tweet icon (looks like a feather quill) on the top right of the screen. This will bring up the compose new Tweet box.
- Enter your message (up to 140 characters) and then tap Tweet.
- The message will be posted to your Twitter profile and in the Home timeline of your followers.
To reply, Retweet, or mark a Tweet as a Favorite:
- Locate the Tweet you'd like to take action on in your Home timeline.
- In the bottom of the Tweet you'll see the option to reply, Retweet, or mark a Tweet as a favorite.
To follow and/or unfollow a user:
- Tap the name or profile photo of that user to view their profile.
- Tap the Follow button on their profile page.
- To unfollow, simply follow the steps above and select Unfollow.
To block a user:
- Go to the profile of the user you wish to block.
- Select the Block option.
To send a Direct Message:
- Select the Me tab in the top navigation menu.
- Select Direct messages.
- You will then see a message composer and your Direct Message inbox directly below that.
- Type in the user you'd like to send a message to and compose your direct message (up to 140 characters).
- Select Send to send the message to the user.
- If you know the specific user you'd like to message, you can also go directly to the profile of that user and tap Send msg.
To reply to a Direct Message:
- Locate a Direct Message from the user you'd like to reply to in your Direct Message inbox.
- Select View messages.
- Compose your reply in the reply box.
- Tap Send.
To delete a Direct Message:
- Locate the Direct Message you'd like to delete.
- Tap Delete at the bottom of the message.
To access your account settings:
- Go to the bottom of any page and tap on the Settings option.
- From here, you can access and edit your name, username, email address, and more.
To access and edit your other settings, such as location, bio, etc. you will need to log in to twitter.com via a computer and click Settings.