To update your version of the Twitter for Android application:
- Go to Google Play.
- Select the Menu, and then select Downloads.
- Click Twitter App, and then press Update.
- All the new hotness detailed below will be yours!
Don't have Twitter for Android yet? You can find the app in Google Play (just search for Twitter), on http://mobile.twitter.com (click the Download Twitter for Android link at the very bottom of the page), or you can scan the handy QR code below:
Wherever you are, Twitter brings you closer.
Essential: An organized stream of Tweets that delivers the best content to you.
Instant: All the media, news, events, and information you need.
Personal: Your world, expressed in Tweets and photos.
Search in real time. Follow people you’d like to know. Watch rising trends.
- This update includes enhancements to sharing and uploading photos.
- This release includes enhancements to Tweet replies and the photo viewer.
- Easily mention other users when you Tweet a photo.
- Improvements to the photo cropping and image rotation
- Users with login verification enabled no longer need temporary passwords to log in to their device
- When you’ve read all the latest Tweets, pull to refresh and see recommendations for new content on Twitter.
- Refreshed look and feel. Home, Activity, and Discover now available by swiping in Timelines. Easier access to DMs
Share photos in Direct Messages.
- Send and receive photos via DMs.
Notifications from your network.
- Choose to view Replies, Retweets, and Favorites from only the people that you follow.
Receive Push Notifications from the people that you care about most.
- Favorite their profile to receive a Push Notification any time they tweet.
- Bug fixes and improvements
Find exactly what you’re looking for.
Search results now show content you can filter to the type of moments you want.
See what’s trending on TV and close by to you.
After you've browsed through all trends in Discover, you’ll see additional trends about both TV and local content.
Better login verification.
Save a screenshot of your verification backup code when you enroll or generate a new one.
Bug fixes and improvements
This update includes enhancements to Tweets in the home timeline.
Be part of the moment.
Tweets with Twitter photos, Vine videos, and other select content now show a preview in your home timeline. Tap the image to reveal the full screen version. Tweet a picture without text, and let the image say it all.
Joining the conversation just got easier.
You can reply, retweet, favorite, or follow someone straight from a Tweet in your home timeline.
Note: You can switch off Tweet preview in "Settings"