If you’re having trouble installing the latest Twitter for iPhone app, check to see how much space is available on your phone. Ideally, your device should have a minimum of 50MB of available space.
To see how much space is available on your device, follow these instructions:
- Go to your device's Settings.
- Tap General.
- Under Usage, you can see how much memory is available on your device.
- If your device has less than 50MB available, you may need to uninstall other apps to clear space.
- Once you have more space available, try downloading the app again.
If you have enough space available and you’re still having trouble installing the app, try the following:
- Cancel the download in the iTunes App Store, then restart the download.
- If restarting the download doesn’t work, try uninstalling the Twitter app from your device. After it’s uninstalled, restart your phone and then re-install the Twitter app from the App Store.
- If you’re still having trouble, check iTunes Support for tips to troubleshoot download issues.
Having trouble with the Twitter for iPhone app?
Sometimes turning your phone off and then on again can clear up any issues. If you’ve tried that and it didn’t work, below is a list of other troubleshooting techniques:
- Remove your account from the app and log back in
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Check that your time zone settings are set to update automatically
Try removing and then re-adding your account to the app.
If you’ve enabled login verification on your account, be sure to store a backup code before removing your account from the app.
To remove your account from Settings:
- Go to your phone's Settings.
- Tap on Twitter.
- Tap on the account that needs to be removed.
- Select Delete Account. (Note: this will not deactivate your account, rather this will only remove the account from the app, effectively signing it out of the app).
To add your account back to the app:
- Open the Twitter for iPhone app.
- Tap Sign in.
- Enter your username, phone or email and password.
- Tap Done.
If you've forgotten your account's password or are having trouble logging back in, follow the troubleshooting steps in this article to reset your password from your device.
If the above troubleshooting steps didn't resolve your issue, you can try deleting and reinstalling the app on your iPhone. If you’ve enabled login verification on your account, be sure to store a backup code before uninstalling the app.
To uninstall the app:
- From your home screen, press and hold your finger on the Twitter for iPhone app icon.
- The icon will begin to wobble and an x will appear in the top left corner of the icon. Tap the x.
- Your iPhone will ask you to confirm your decision to delete the app. Tap Delete.
- The app will disappear from the screen and has been deleted from your phone.
To reinstall the app:
- Go to https://twitter.com/download
- Enter your phone number (the number you use on your iPhone).
- You will receive an SMS text message with a link to the App store.
- Tap the link and download the Twitter app.
When signing in, some users may see messages like Unauthorized or Invalid username and Password. Sometimes this happens because of incorrect time zone settings, so setting your time zone to update automatically can guard against messages like this.
To check your time zone settings:
- Tap the Settings app icon on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Select Date & Time.
- Make sure the option to Set Automatically is enabled.
However some users see these messages due to having outdated versions of the Twitter app. Double check the App store on your device to make sure you have updated the app recently.
Still need help?
Check out our other troubleshooting articles.