Want to get updates from @Twitter but don’t want to create a Twitter account? No problem! Use fast follow to receive Twitter updates without having to sign up or add your phone to a Twitter account.
To get started:
- Send Follow [username] to your Twitter shortcode and you will start receiving Tweets from that user on your device.
- Example: sending follow Twitter to 40404 on a US-based AT&T phone would mean I'd start getting SMS updates whenever @Twitter posts a Tweet.
Some notes on fast following:
- Fast Follow users have a limit to how many updates they can receive daily. If you have hit your limit, you will receive the message “You've reached your daily limit for Tweet notifications”. If you would like to receive more updates just reply with your full name and follow the instructions to create a full Twitter account.
- Since you won't have a profile or username until you sign up for an actual Twitter account, your follow is not included in the user’s followers list.
- If you have a full Twitter account and a fast follow user follows you, your follower count on your profile page will not change.
Have a fast follow account but want to upgrade to a full Twitter account?
- Visit twitter.com and follow the sign up flow on the homepage.
- Or, text your full name to your mobile provider's shortcode.
Below you’ll see all of the SMS commands you can use as a fast follower. All other SMS commands, including those for registered users, can be found here.
- Follow [username] - allows you to receive updates from that user.
- OFF or STOP or LEAVE - turns off receiving updates from the users you are following.
- ON - will turn on device updates and you will start receiving tweets again.
- WHOIS [username] - retrieves the profile information of the user.
- STATS - returns the number of people that you are following.
- GET [username] - retrieves the latest update that user has posted.
To remove your phone and fast follower list from Twitter:
- Sending STOP twice in succession to your shortcode will delete your follower list and remove your phone number from Twitter. You will no longer receive updates from us.
- You can send Follow [username] anytime and start receiving updates again!