An accurate and up-to-date phone number is an important step you can take toward improved account security.
Where are you using Twitter?
Find instructions for changing or removing your phone number from your account using:
- On your profile, tap the gear icon and select Settings.
- Tap the account you’d like to remove a phone number from.
- Under Account, tap Phone number to see an option to remove this number.
- When you see the prompt asking Do you want to remove the number?, select OK and enter your password to confirm.
- Tap the overflow icon and select Settings.
- Tap Account, then tap Phone number to see an option to remove this number.
- Tap Delete phone and then tap Yes, delete to confirm.
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Go to your Settings by clicking your profile icon at the top right of the navigation bar and selecting Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Mobile tab.
- Next to where your phone number is listed, click Edit.
- Update your phone number and click Continue.
- We will send a code (via SMS text message) to your phone number. Enter it in the Verification code box and click Activate phone.
- You’ll see a Your phone is activated! message to confirm your updated number.
- Using the phone you want to remove from your Twitter account, send a text message containing only the word STOP to your country's Twitter short code).
- Your mobile number will be removed from your Twitter account immediately. To add a new mobile number via SMS, follow the instructions listed here.
Users who viewed this article also found these articles helpful: