If you encounter media in Tweets that you believe should be treated as sensitive under Twitter’s media policy, please report it using the process described below.
How do I report media in Tweets?
Follow these instructions to report media:
- Navigate to the Tweet you’d like to report on twitter.com or from the Twitter for iOS or Android app.
- Click or tap the icon.
- Select Report.
- Select It displays a sensitive [image/video/media].
- Next we’ll provide recommendations for additional actions you can take to improve your Twitter experience.
Please remember that if you are seeing something you don’t like, and Twitter hasn’t placed a warning label before it, it’s possible that it doesn’t meet our threshold for a warning on the media.
What happens to sensitive media I report?
Twitter reviews reports of media flagged by users to determine if that media requires a warning message in order to comply with Twitter’s media policies. Please remember that by flagging media you are bringing it to the attention of the Twitter team. The flagged content will not automatically receive a warning message or be removed from the site.
For information about what you can do if your content is reported as sensitive, visit this article.
You can choose to view media in Tweets that may contain sensitive content without a warning. If you are concerned about viewing sensitive content, you should keep your default settings. Your default settings hide media in Tweets that have been marked as potentially sensitive.
- Log in to Twitter and go to your Privacy and safety settings
- Look for Tweet media section and check the box next to Display media that may contain sensitive content.
- Save your settings at the bottom of the page.
From Twitter for iOS
Adjust your Tweet media settings by logging in to twitter.com and using the From twitter.com instructions above.
From Twitter for Android
- In the top menu, you will either see a navigation menu icon or your profile icon. Tap whichever icon you have, and select Settings and privacy.
- Tap Privacy and safety.
- Under Safety, check the box next to Display media that may contain sensitive content.
How to report content that is illegal or otherwise violates the Twitter Rules
For information outlining other types of violations and how you can report them to us, please see this article.