Having trouble with the Twitter for iPhone app? Below is a complete list of troubleshooting techniques:
If clearing your phone's cache or turning your phone off and then on again didn't work, you should try removing and then re-adding your account to the app.
To remove your account from the Twitter for iPhone app:
- Go to your phone's System Settings.
- Tap on Twitter.
- Tap on the account that needs to be removed.
- Select Delete Account.
To add your account back to the app:
- Open the Twitter for iPhone app.
- Tap Sign in.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tap Done.
If you've forgotten your account's password or are having trouble logging back in, follow the troubleshooting steps in this article to reset your password from your device.
If above troubleshooting steps didn't resolve your issue, you can try deleting and reinstalling the app on your iPhone.
To uninstall the app:
- From your home screen, press and hold your finger on the Twitter for iPhone app icon.
- The icon will begin to wobble and an x will appear in the top left corner of the icon. Tap the x.
- Your iPhone will ask you to confirm your decision to delete the app. Tap Delete.
- The app will disappear from the screen and has been deleted from your phone.
To reinstall the app:
- Go to twitter.com/#!/download/iphone and click Download now.
- Open the App Store app on your phone and search for Twitter.
- Tap Install.
If you're seeing "Unauthorized" or "Invalid username and Password" when you try to sign in, this is likely caused by incorrect time zone settings or an outdated version of the Twitter client application. Please make sure your Twitter client is up to date with the latest version and that the date, time and timezone settings are set to update automatically.
To check your time zone settings:
- Tap the Settings app icon on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Select Date & Time.
- Make sure the option to Set Automatically is enabled.