Be sure you're uploading your profile photo correctly. Click here to find out how.
If your photo won't upload, try these things:
- Check your file type. Twitter supports JPEG, GIF, and PNG file formats. We do not support animated GIFs. All existing animated GIF images will be left as they are, but no new ones can be uploaded. Profile photos with nudity will be removed.
- Make sure your browser is up to date. Try upgrading your browser or using another browser. Your upload problem may be related to the browser or computer you're using.
- Make sure you click 'Save changes' at the bottom of your Profile settings page. Your image won't save until you click that.
Is the upload chopping off parts of your image?
- This is expected behavior, not a bug. Profile photos on Twitter are all displayed as small squares. If you upload a photo that is a rectangle, Twitter cuts some of the image off so it's a square. To avoid this, upload a square photo or customize image dimensions by using an online image editor.
Troubleshooting tips not working?
- Try another browser or another computer to see if it's a browser specific problem.