Click here to learn how to change your username. Below are common problems with usernames:
- Can't log in to Twitter? Click here to find out how to log in, even if you forgot your username.
- Want to reactivate your account? Click here for more information.
- Some usernames may be unavailable for use because they are taken by other users or are unavailable for other reasons. Tips for selecting an available username and checking to see what's available are here.
- If you have a registered trademark that is in use by an account that is potentially inactive or in violation of our trademark policy, please contact us by visiting our Trademark Policies page.
- Trying to change your username on a mobile device? We're sorry, but the ability to change your username is not currently supported on Twitter's mobile apps. You'll need to log in via twitter.com or mobile.twitter.com in order to change your username. Click here for instructions on how to do that.
If you're trying to move a username from one of your accounts to another of your accounts, you can do this yourself.
- Log into the account that currently has the desired username.
- Change the username to something else (try adding a number or underscore). This will immediately free up the username for use by other accounts.
- Log into your other account and change the username to the desired username.
Please note: once you’ve changed your username, it returns to general circulation and may be selected by another account, so you have to move fast!
- Important! Deactivating an account will not immediately free up the username.