How to use the Tweet button:
- When you see the Tweet button on a webpage that you feel like sharing, click it.
- If you're not already logged in to Twitter, you will be prompted by a pop-up box to log in.
- A Tweet box will appear for you to post a Tweet linking to the webpage you visited. Your remaining characters are counted in the bottom right. Edit the Tweet if you would like to.
- When your Tweet is ready, click “Tweet.”
- The box will then show you information about related Twitter accounts – you may follow these users, or simply close the box.
- Continue browsing the web. If you’d like to confirm that your Tweet posted correctly, visit your twitter.com profile.
How to put the Tweet button on your site:
- Go to https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons
- Customize the Tweet button – choose pre-populated text for the message, and confirm which Twitter accounts you'd like to suggest to users. The main account you specify will become an @mention in the Tweet. (By default, we'll use the username of whichever account you're currently logged into in the button.)
- Copy and paste the code into the HTML of your website wherever you would like the button to appear.
- You're done!
Note: The optional Tweet counter for your button captures a sum of all Tweets and retweets of your content, so you can watch the message spread as people share it.