What is the Notifications timeline?
- The Notifications timeline offers a simple way to see how others on Twitter are interacting with you.
- From the Notifications timeline, you’ll be able to see which of your Tweets have been favorited, plus the latest Retweets (of your Tweets), Tweets directed to you (replies and mentions), and your new followers.
- From the web, you can choose to only see your replies and mentions by clicking on the Mentions tab of the Notifications timeline.
Can I filter the notifications I receive?
Yes, you can make a small adjustment so your Notifications timeline only displays Tweets and updates from People you follow.
On the web:
- Go to your Notifications timeline.
- At the top of your timeline, you can choose between All or People you follow. Click People you follow to filter your Notifications.
- Your preference will be saved.
Using Twitter for iOS:
- Go to your Me tab.
- Tap the gear icon and then tap Settings.
- Under General, tap Notifications timeline.
- From here you can adjust your settings to receive notifications Only from people you follow.
Using Twitter for Android:
- Tap the overflow icon and then tap Settings.
- Select the account you’d like to adjust.
- Under Notifications and sync, tap Notifications timeline.
- From here you can adjust your settings to receive notifications from Only people you follow.
What is the Activity tab?
- One the web, the Activity tab is found on the Discover page.
- It provides a rich new source of discovery by highlighting the latest favorites, Retweets, and follows from the people you follow on Twitter — all in one place.
Where can I see which of my Tweets have been Retweeted?
- If someone else Retweets one of your Tweets, you will see a notification of that Retweet in your Notifications.
My Tweets are protected - will people be able to see the actions I take?
- If your Tweets are protected, only your approved followers will see your Retweets and favorites in their Activity tab.
- Only approved followers will be able to see your follow activity. Similarly, only your approved followers will be able to see if others follow you or if they Retweet or favorite one of your Tweets.
Why don't I see all actions taken on my Tweets?
- You may not see all follow actions from users who follow a large number of accounts.
- In addition, you will not see the follow activity of accounts you follow that have protected Tweets.
- Retweets will appear in your Activity timeline when they’ve been Retweeted by two or more accounts that you follow.