How to find people by name
Type the person's name or username into the search box at the top of your twitter.com Home timeline, or tap the Explore tab through your Twitter for iOS or Android app to access the search box. Your results will be filtered by Top, Latest, People, Photos, Videos, News, and Broadcasts (Periscopes on iOS and Android). Click or tap People to view search results by username.
Browse Twitter's account suggestions
Suggestions through the Connect tab on your Twitter for iOS or Android apps:
- Personalized account recommendations connect you with accounts we think you'll want to follow.
- Find people you may know on Twitter by uploading contacts from your device’s address book.
Twitter’s suggestions for Who to follow:
- When you log in to twitter.com, Who to follow suggestions will appear next to your Home timeline, the Notifications tab, profile and search results pages, as well as other places on Twitter.
- When you dismiss a suggestion (by clicking the X next to it) a new suggestion will automatically appear.
Suggestions via email:
- Twitter will suggest accounts as follow suggestions via email notification.
- Tip: You can control when and how often Twitter sends you emails in your notifications settings.
Take a look at our troubleshooting articles for solutions to common issues around using search on Twitter.