What is a favorite?
Favorites, represented by a small star icon next to a Tweet, are most commonly used when users like a Tweet. Favoriting a Tweet can let the original poster know that you liked their Tweet, or you can save the Tweet for later.
To mark a Tweet as a favorite:
- Make sure you are signed in to Twitter.
- From your home timeline, hover over the Tweet you'd like to favorite.
- Click on Favorite, a gold star will appear in the upper right hand corner of the Tweet to confirm that you've favorited the Tweet.
- You can also favorite a Tweet from a user's profile page and a Tweet's permalink page.
To undo or remove a favorite:
- Hover over the Tweet you favorited, you will see a gold star in the upper right hand corner and Favorited on the Tweet.
- Click on Favorited to undo the favorite.