How to find people by name:
- Type the person's name or username into the search box at the top of your Twitter Home timeline. Your results will show a combination of people and Tweets related to your search.
- On the web: click Accounts to filter your search results so you see accounts related to your search query.
- On Twitter apps (Android or iOS): tap and select People to filter your search results so you see accounts related to your search query.
Browse Twitter's suggestions:
Twitter’s suggestions for Who to follow:
- When you log in to twitter.com, Who to follow suggestions will appear next to your Home timeline, the Notifications, profile, and search results pages, as well as other places on Twitter.
- When you dismiss a suggestion (by clicking the X next to it) a new suggestion will automatically appear.
Suggestions via email:
- Twitter will suggest “people you may know” as follow suggestions via email notification.
- Note: You can control when and how often Twitter sends you emails in your notifications settings.
Take a look at our troubleshooting articles for solutions to common issues around using search on Twitter.