Twitter can help you find friends and colleagues who are on Twitter by looking up contacts from your email address book. You'll be able to find and follow contacts who've opted to allow others find them by their email address. Click here to learn how to find friends via Twitter search.
To look up contacts from your address book:
- Go to the Discover page and click on Find friends.
- Select Search Contacts next to your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, etc).
- Enter your email log in credentials when prompted. (Please make sure your browser enables pop ups!)
- When asked if you agree to share your information with Twitter, click Agree or Allow access.
- Contacts who are already on Twitter will be shown. Follow individuals by clicking Follow, or follow all contacts by clicking Follow all.
- You can invite contacts to join Twitter from this page as well. We won't send an email automatically; you select who to invite from a list that appears after you click Invite.
To remove contact info from Twitter after importing:
You can remove imported contact info from Twitter at any time. (Note: Your Who to follow recommendations may not be as relevant after removing this info.)
- Click Find Friends on the Discover page.
- Under the email provider list is a block of text. In that text there is a link to remove your contacts.
- Click remove, and you will be prompted to confirm that you'd like to remove your contacts.
Read our troubleshooting tips in our I'm having trouble with following article.