To change your username:
- Click on Settings and privacy from your profile icon dropdown menu.
- Under Account, update the username currently listed in the Username field. If the username is taken, you'll be prompted to choose another one.
- Click the Save changes button.
From the Twitter for iOS or Android app:
- Navigate to Settings and privacy and tap Account.
- Tap Username and update the username currently listed in the Username field. If the username is taken, you'll be prompted to choose another one.
- Tap Done.
- Your username appears in your profile URL and is unique to you. It's used for logging in, replies, and Direct Messages.
- Your display name is a personal identifier (sometimes a business name or real name) displayed in your profile page and used to identify you to friends, especially if your username is something other than your name or business name. Change your name by following instructions here.
- Your username can be up to 15 characters long.
- Your display name can be up to 50 characters long.
If you're having trouble with usernames, please see our troubleshooting article for more information.