Follow these steps to change your username:
- Log in to Twitter.com and visit your account settings pages from the dropdown menu in the top right corner.
- On your account settings page, change the username listed in your username field.
- If the username is taken, you'll be prompted to choose another one.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
What's the difference between your username and your name?
- Your username appears in your profile URL and is unique to you. It's used for logging in, @replies, and direct messages.
- Your name is a personal identifier (sometimes a business name or real name) displayed in your profile page and used to identify you to friends, especially if your username is something other than your name or business name. Change your name by following instructions here.
How long can real names and usernames be?
- Your username can contain up to 15 characters.
- Your real name can be 20 characters long.
If you're having trouble with usernames, please see our username troubleshooting article for more information.