How to find people by name:
- Type the person's name into the search box at the top of your Twitter Home timeline. Your results will show a combination of people and Tweets related to your search.
- Refine your search by clicking on the people, photos, news, or videos tab on the left side of your search results page.
How to browse accounts by topics you find interesting:
Twitter's Popular accounts tab lists highly engaging Twitter accounts organized by common interests like music, sports, entertainment and more. It's a great place to start if you're looking for more accounts to follow.
- From the Discover page, click on Popular accounts.
- Click on any category. You'll be shown a list of accounts you may want to follow.
- You can also browse by interest using the search box at the top of the Popular accounts page. Type in a person's full name, username, a topic (like "news" or "basketball"), or a descriptive phrase (such as "ballet dancer" or "actor") and you'll see a list of account results for that search term.
Browse Twitter's suggestions
Twitter’s suggestions for Who to follow:
- When you log in to twitter.com, Who to follow suggestions will appear next to your Home timeline, as well as the Notifications, Discover, profile pages, and other places on Twitter.
- When you dismiss a suggestion (by clicking the X next to it) a new suggestion will automatically appear.
- The Discover page also shows suggestions for accounts to follow. From the menu on the left, click Who to follow and an expanded list of suggested accounts will appear. Click Follow to follow any user, or click their username to learn more about them.
Suggestions via email:
- Twitter will suggest “people you may know” as follow suggestions via email notification.
- Note: You can control when and how often Twitter sends you emails in your notifications settings.
Take a look at our troubleshooting articles for solutions to common issues around using search on Twitter.