You must confirm your email address in order for it to be fully associated with your Twitter account.
How to confirm a new email address:
- Visit your account's settings and type your desired email address into the Email field. (If there is an old address there, delete and type over it.)
- Click the Save changes button at the bottom of the page to update your email address.
- Enter your password when prompted and click on the Save changes button when you are finished.
- You will see a note that your email is pending confirmation (highlighted in yellow, as shown below).
- Go to your email inbox and find the message from Twitter asking you to confirm your address.
- Click the link to confirm that the address is correct. You may be asked to log in to your account.
To troubleshoot issues confirming your email address, please check out this article: I'm having trouble confirming my email address.