An accurate and up-to-date email address and/or phone number is the best step you can take to ensure you never lose access to your account. Take a moment and make sure the email address and/or phone number you have associated with your account is up to date.
- From your logged in account, click on the profile icon in the upper right hand corner of your screen and select Settings.
- Click on the Password tab.
- Enter your current password.
- Choose your new password.
- Save your changes by clicking Save changes.
- From the sign in page on either twitter.com, mobile.twitter.com, or the Twitter app (Android or iOS), select the Forgot password? link or click here.
- Enter your email address, phone number, or Twitter username.
- Choose the email address you where you want to receive the password reset email.
- Check your email inbox. Twitter will immediately send a message to your account's email address.
- Click the reset link in that email.
- Choose a new password.
- From the Forgot password? page and enter your mobile number, email address, or Twitter username.
- Select your phone number.
- Twitter will text you a six digit code that is valid for 15 minutes.
- Enter this code on the web.
- You will then be prompted to choose a new password.
Not receiving the SMS code?
- It may take up to a few minutes for you to receive the code
- If you do not receive it after a few minutes, try texting HELP to your Twitter short code to ensure you are receiving SMS notifications from Twitter. If you do not receive anything back, please review our SMS troubleshooting page or use the email password reset option above.
If you frequently receive password reset messages that you did not request, you can require additional information be entered in order to initiate a password reset:
- On a computer, go to your Security and privacy settings page.
- Scroll down and check the box next to Require personal information to reset my password.
- This will require that you enter your account email address or mobile number, in addition to your username, in order to send a password reset email or SMS/text.