Moments are curated stories showcasing the very best of what’s happening on Twitter. Our Moments guide is customized to show you current topics that are popular or relevant, so you can discover what is unfolding on Twitter in an instant.
Moments on twitter.com
- Click on the Moments tab to see customized Moments from Today. You can select Moments categorized by News, Sports, Entertainment, Fun, and more.
- When you see a Moment you’d like to explore, click it to view the entire story.
- To like a Moment: From the top of a Moment, click the like button (click again to undo the like).
- Scroll down through the Moment and click on any of the Tweets to view the Tweet detail. From there you can reply, Retweet, and like the Tweet.
Moments in the Twitter apps
How to find Moments in Twitter for iOS or Android:
- Tap the Explore tab
- Scroll down to the Today's Moments section. Featured Moments are listed by Media, Pop Culture, Music, Travel, Politics, and more.
- To view Moments by category: Scroll down to the Explore All section and tap the category title to view a list of the latest Moments.
How to view and interact with Moments in Twitter for iOS and Android:
- When you see a Moment you’d like to explore, tap it to view the story.
- Swipe right to scroll through the Moment, and swipe left to view the Moment in reverse.
Note: You can also hold and drag the progress bar at the bottom of the screen to quickly browse through the Moment.
- Expand pictures and videos by tapping your screen once.
- You can tap the more icon ••• to access options to view the Tweet in detail, block, and report the Tweet.
- To like a Moment: From a Moment cover, tap the like icon (tap again to undo the like).
Note: You can also like a Moment from its end screen.
- To like a Tweet, double-tap your screen (and double-tap again to undo the like).
- Swipe up or down, or tap the X to leave the Moment.
- At any point you can share the Moment by tapping the Share icon ( on iOS, on Android). You can choose to Tweet the Moment, share via Direct Message, or tap Share via… to choose from a variety of sharing options, such as SMS and email.
Note: Read our Sharing a Tweet article for more information.
Frequently asked questions
Can I follow a Moment?
Yes, if you see the Follow button in a Moment, you can click or tap it and Tweets related to it will appear in your Home timeline as the action unfolds in real time. Tweets that are inserted into your timeline have the Moments icon next to them. When the Moment is complete, you’ll stop seeing Tweets in your Home timeline. Note: Only select Moments are available to follow.
Can I create a Moment?
Yes, creating your own Moment is easy. Read our Creating a Moment article to learn how.
Can I report content in a Moment?
You can report content in the following components of a Moment:
- A cover of a Moment
- Individual Tweets within a Moment
- Multiple components of a Moment
For full reporting instructions, visit our How to report violations article.
How do I get my Tweets included in a Moment?
You cannot add your Tweets to another person’s Moment. Only the Moment author can decide which Tweets to include in their the Moment.
How do I get my Tweets removed from a Moment?
Any public Tweet can be included in a Moment. If you want to have your Tweet(s) removed from a Moment created by someone else, you may block the account, which will remove your Tweet(s) from their Moment. For more information, see our Blocking accounts on Twitter article.
Can I see how much engagement my Moments receive?
Yes, you can view engagement metrics for your Moments on twitter.com. Instructions can be found here.
Some Moments may be labeled as containing sensitive content. More details on Twitter's sensitive content policies can be found here.