What is a profile URL?
A profile URL is a unique Vine profile address accessible from the web. Once you select an available URL you will be able to access your profile by visiting vine.co/[yourURL]. Selecting a custom URL allows you to share your profile easily and makes it easier for others to find and watch the videos you’ve created.
If you have not chosen a custom Vine URL, your profile can be accessed using your Vine ID by visiting vine.co/u/[yourVine ID].
Who can create a profile URL?
Any Vine account that is older than 30 days and has more than two posts can register a profile URL. If you aren’t yet a Vine user, you can create an account through our mobile apps.
How can I register a profile URL?
Visit https://vine.co/settings and log in with your Vine username and password or sign in with your Twitter account.
Why can’t I register a certain profile URL?
For a variety of reasons, you may not be able to register a specific profile URL. Here are some common reasons:
- The profile URL is already in use. Note: this includes accounts that are currently suspended or deactivated.
- You have already selected a profile URL.
- The URL may be too long or too short. When you register your profile URL, the name you choose must be 3-32 characters.
- The profile URL contains a symbol other than “.”, “_”, or “-”. Note: Vineapp, Vine-app, and Vine.app are all the same URL. Approved symbols are used solely for visual purposes.
- You tried to register a URL with a word that is not permitted.
I made a typo when selecting my profile URL. How do I change it?
Profile URLs cannot be changed.
I deactivated my old account. Why can’t I use my old URL on my new account?
When you deactivate your Vine account, your profile URL is tied up for 30 days. After the account has been deactivated for 30 days, the URL will be released and the account will be deleted. Please note that URL registration is first-come, first-served, and anyone will be able to register your URL once it is released.
Profile URL Rules
A profile URL is an optional feature. Subject to the constraints described above, profile URLs can be registered on a first-come, first-served basis. We reserve the right to remove or reclaim profile URLs when we determine it to be appropriate, including in the case of a violation of the following rules:
- You may not script or automate profile URL registration
- You may not buy or sell profile URLs
- You may not squat on profile URLs
- You may not register a profile URL or use a profile URL in a way that violates the Vine Rules.