You can view available translations of this article by selecting a language in the upper-right corner of this page. Translations are provided as a convenience, and are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version will control and should be your reference in case of conflict between a translation and the English version.
What's the policy?
Twitter prohibits the promotion of adult or sexual products and services globally.
What products or services are subject to this policy?
This policy applies, but is not limited, to:
- Pornography, including internet pornography and magazines, books and films
- Prostitution and intimate companionship services, such as escorts or call girls
- Full and partial nudity, as well as sexual content, in images, video or language
- Penis enlargement and breast enhancement products and service
- Modeled clothing (such as lingerie) that is sexual in nature
- Dating sites with sexually explicit themes, language or images
- Intimate and erotic massage services
- Sex toys
- International marriage brokerage services (e.g., mail-order bride services)
What products or services are not subject to this policy?
This policy generally does not apply to:
- Safer sex education, HIV/STD awareness campaigns, and non-prescription contraceptives provided the ads:
- do not contain sexual content
- do not link to sexual content, or the above prohibited products and services
- see Health and pharmaceutical products and services for more information.
- Dating and marriage services, provided the service
- is not sexual
- does not reference or endorse prostitution or other illegal activity
- is clearly directed to adults
- Modeled clothing (such as lingerie) that is not sexual in nature
- Nude fine art
- Content about breastfeeding
- Medical drawings
- News and information related to sex and sexuality that is not sexual in nature
How does this policy vary from country to country?
To determine the policy for your product or service and the country or countries you wish to target, see the country-specific information below. The following additional requirements apply to adult and sexual products and services advertisements targeting certain countries.
- Promotion of marriage consulting services is permitted.
- Promotion of dating services (e.g., deaikei) is prohibited.
- Promotion of dating services is prohibited.
- Advertisements targeting Russia must be in the Russian language.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
What other Twitter resources relate to this policy?
Have questions or feedback about something on this page?
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help? button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.
If you are interested in advertising on Twitter and want to learn more, please visit business.twitter.com.