You can view available translations of this article by selecting a language in the upper-right corner of this page. Translations are provided as a convenience, and are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version will control and should be your reference in case of conflict between a translation and the English version.
What's the policy?
Twitter prohibits the promotion of hate speech globally.
What products or services are subject to this policy?
This policy applies, but is not limited, to:
- Hate speech or advocacy against a protected group or an individual or organization based on based on, but not limited to, the following:
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Religious affiliation
- Medical or genetic condition
- Status as a veteran
- Status as a refugee
- Status as an immigrant
- Organizations, groups, or individuals associated with promoting hate, criminal, or terrorist-related content
- Degrading, mocking, or harassing references to events or practices that negatively affected a protected group
How does this policy vary from country to country?
This policy applies to Twitter Ads in all countries.
What do advertisers need to know about this policy?
Review our guidelines and make sure you understand the requirements for your brand and business. You are responsible for all your promoted content on Twitter. This includes complying with applicable laws and regulations regarding advertisements.
What other Twitter resources relate to this policy?
- Inappropriate content policy
- Parody, commentary, and fan account policy
- Advertising potentially offensive content policy and best practices
- Hateful conduct policy
Have questions or feedback about something on this page?
If you are an advertiser whose account or Tweets are under review and you would like to check on the status or request an expedited review, please log in to ads.twitter.com and file a support ticket using the Help button in the top right corner of your ads dashboard.
Learn more about blocking or dismissing ads by reading this article on Reporting Twitter Ads. To report an ad that is potentially violating these policies, use the Report an Ad form.
Using Twitter Ads policies, the Twitter Rules and our Terms of Service, we will examine reported violations and take appropriate action.
If you are interested in advertising on Twitter and want to learn more, please visit business.twitter.com.