When you sign up for Twitter, you can choose to keep your Tweets public or protect your Tweets. Read more about the difference between public and protected Tweets here.
How to protect your Tweets:
- Go to your Security and privacy settings.
- Scroll down to the Tweet privacy section and check the box next to Protect my Tweets.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page. You will be prompted to enter your password to confirm the change.
How to unprotect your Tweets:
- You can always make your Tweets public by unchecking the Tweet privacy option (shown above) in your Security and privacy settings and then saving your changes.
- Be sure to review your pending follower requests before making your Tweets public. Any requests left pending will not be accepted automatically. If left pending, those users will need to follow you again.
- Please know that unprotecting your Tweets will cause any previously protected Tweets to be made public.
Are your Tweets protected but still showing up in search? Check out our troubleshooting article.