The media timeline on your profile displays the photos, videos, Vines, and GIFs you’ve uploaded with your Tweets. You can also visit other people’s profiles to view their media timelines.
The basics about media timelines
- Media timelines display the most recent photos, videos, Vines, and GIFs in your Tweets, in chronological order.
- Videos, Vines, and GIFs autoplay while you scroll through the timeline. Read about adjusting your autoplay settings in this article.
- Photos in Tweets will not be displayed if the Tweet was sent before January 1, 2010.
How do I find a media timeline?
- On the web, go to the profile page of an account and click on the Photos & videos tab at the top of the Tweet timeline.
- In the Twitter app (iOS or Android), go to the profile of an account and tap Media.
Can I remove media from my media timeline?
Yes, you can remove media from your media timeline by deleting the Tweet that contains the photo, video, Vine, or GIF.
Read about how to delete a Tweet:
Please note that if you delete a Tweet containing a photo or video hosted by a third-party service, it will also be removed from your media timeline. If you'd like the photo or video to be removed from the third-party service, you'll need to sign in and delete it there as well.
Why are some photos black?
Some photos will appear black if our content partner's servers are overloaded. Be patient, they'll return shortly!
Check out our troubleshooting section for solutions to common problems.