To tweet a picture via MMS:
- Make sure your mobile phone number is linked to your Twitter account. You can do this via SMS or from the web.
- Compose a message containing the text of your Tweet and the picture you’d like to post and send it to your short code.
- The message will post to your Twitter profile and a link to your image will be included in the Tweet.
If you are having trouble, please note the following:
- Make sure your mobile operator messaging plan supports Twitter via MMS. For a complete list of mobile operators that currently support our picture messaging service please see this article. Note: Your operator’s messaging rates may apply.
- We currently only support one picture per MMS message.
- We do not support video or audio uploads via MMS.
- Your picture will appear as a link. We reserve 20 characters for the link, so the text of your Tweet will need to be fewer than 120 characters to fit our 140 character limit.
- If your Tweet did not post to your Twitter profile, you may want to read this article for tips to make sure your phone is properly connected and to troubleshoot common problems.
Still having trouble?
Our SMS basic troubleshooting article has answers to common problems.