How to change push notifications for the Twitter for Android app:
- In the top menu, tap on the overflow icon and select Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Mobile notifications and select which types of notifications you would like to receive.
If you’ve reached the device limit for push notifications:
If you've received an error message letting you know you can only have 25 devices attached to your account, that means you've reached the limit and you won't be able to create new push destinations. You can clear push destinations that are no longer in use by following these steps:
- Sign in to twitter.com on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Navigate to your Application settings.
- Revoke access to the Twitter for Android app.
- Next, visit your Apps settings on your Android mobile device.
- Select the Twitter app and tap Uninstall. Note: your account is not deleted if you uninstall the app from your device.
- Next, from your Android mobile device, visit the Google Play store and search for Twitter.
- Install the Twitter for Android app.
- Once you’ve opened the app and signed in to your account, visit your Settings to reset your push notifications.
Notifications on Kindle Fire or other tablet
- Notifications are not push compatible on tablets even if Twitter for Android is installed.
- The notification setting relies on the sync setting and sync Interval to determine when the app pulls for new mentions, likes, Retweets, new followers, direct messages, or Tweets.
- Notifications will only appear when the device is active; no notifications appear when the device's screen turns off or goes to standby, but will appear in the status bar once the device is activated.