What is the Follow button?
The Follow button, shown above, allows users to follow your account directly from your personal homepage or any website where the button is installed. When users click this button, the following occurs:
- For logged in users, a small pop-up screen displays with more information about your account when they click the button.
- User who aren't logged in to Twitter will see a similar pop-up screen that allows them to view your account's following/follower information, sign in, and then follow you.
Note: If you’re looking for our basic buttons, you can still find them here!
How to add the Follow button to your site:
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Go to https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons#follow
- Customize the Follow button to your liking with the available options.
- Copy and paste the code into the HTML of your website wherever you would like the button to appear. (At this time, the Follow button cannot be added to Facebook profiles.)
For more information on enhancing your website's integration of Twitter features, visit dev.twitter.com
Our troubleshooting article on the Follow button has answers to common problems.