Twitter's mobile website, mobile.twitter.com, allows you to have a consistent, high-quality experience using Twitter on any device.
- Log in or sign up
- How to post a Tweet
- How to find and follow accounts
- Home timeline
- Profile and settings
- Direct Messages
To get started, open your device’s browser and enter mobile.twitter.com in the address bar.
To log in:
- Tap Log in.
- Enter your username, phone number, or email address.
- Enter your password.
- Tap Log in.
To sign up for a new account:
- Tap Sign up.
- Enter your full name and your phone number. If you prefer to use your email address, tap Use email instead.
- Tap Sign up.
- Enter a password and tap Next.
- If you chose to sign up with an email address, we may ask for your phone number. You can enter it or tap Not now.
- Enter a username (we’ll suggest some available options). Tap Next.
- We’ll help you get started by suggesting interest categories and accounts within those categories.
- When you’re ready to go to your timeline, tap Set up your Twitter.
- Tap the compose Tweet icon accessible from your Home timeline, the Notifications tab, or your profile.
- Start typing where it says What’s happening?
- If you’d like to Tweet an image, tap the camera icon You can add up to four images to your Tweet.
- Tap Tweet to post.
To find an account:
- Tap the search icon
- Type in the name or username of the account you’re looking for.
- A list of suggested accounts will appear once you start typing.
To follow an account:
- Go to the account’s profile and tap Follow.
- If you see a Tweet from an account and decide you’d like to follow them, tap the Tweet to expand it and then tap Follow.
- Tap the home icon to get to your Home timeline.
- Your Home timeline includes the latest Tweets from accounts you follow. Read more about your Home timeline here.
- When the Home tab has a blue dot next to it, there are new Tweets waiting to hit your timeline. Pull down on your timeline to load these new Tweets.
- From the Home timeline, you can tap on an individual Tweet to see the Tweet details. From here, you can reply to, Retweet, quote Tweet, or like the Tweet.
- When you want to navigate back to the Home timeline, tap on the home icon
The Notifications tab is where you can see how others on Twitter are interacting with you.
- Tap the Notifications icon to get to your Notifications timeline.
- Your Notifications timeline shows you which of your Tweets have been liked, plus the latest Retweets (of your Tweets), Tweets directed to you (replies and mentions), and your new followers.
- Read more about the Notifications timeline here.
Your profile tab is where you can find access to your profile and settings, as well as your "who to follow" recommendations.
- Tap your profile icon to get to your profile.
- To edit your profile, tap View profile and then tap Edit Profile. From here you can edit your profile photo, banner, full name, URL, location, and bio.
- Tap View profile to see your Following and Follower lists, as well as your posted Media and your Likes.
- To edit your settings, tap Settings. From here you can edit your account, security & privacy settings, your profile, your email, phone, and notification preferences. You can also edit your username, change your password, and remove your contacts if you previously imported any.