If you encounter media in Tweets that you believe should be treated as sensitive under Twitter’s media policy, please report it using the process described below.
How do I report media in Tweets?
Follow these instructions to report media:
- Navigate to the Tweet you’d like to report.
- Click or tap the more icon on web, or the icon on the Twitter for iOS or Twitter for Android app.
- Select Report.
- Select It displays a sensitive [image/video/media].
- Next we’ll provide recommendations for additional actions you can take to improve your Twitter experience.
Please remember that if you are seeing something you don’t like, and Twitter hasn’t placed a warning label before it, it’s possible that it doesn’t meet our threshold for a warning on the media.
What happens to sensitive media I report?
The Twitter team reviews reports of media flagged by users to determine if that media requires a warning message in order to comply with Twitter’s media policies. Please remember that by flagging media you are bringing it to the attention of the Twitter team. The flagged content will not automatically receive a warning message or be removed from the site.
For information about what you can do if your content is reported as sensitive, visit this article.
How to control whether you see sensitive media in Tweets:
You can choose to view media in Tweets that may contain sensitive content without a warning. If you are concerned about viewing sensitive content, you should keep your default settings. Your default settings will help by providing warnings before seeing content that has been marked as possibly sensitive.
- Log in to Twitter and go to your Account settings.
- Under the Content section, look for Tweet media and check the box next to Do not inform me before showing media that may be sensitive.
- Save your settings at the bottom of the page.
How to report content that is illegal or otherwise violates the Twitter Rules
For information outlining other types of violations and how you can report them to us, please see this article.