What's in your home timeline:
When you log in to Twitter, you'll land on the Tweets timeline view of your homepage, as shown in the image below.
- Your home timeline is a long stream showing all Tweets from those you have chosen to follow on Twitter.
- The newest updates are at the top. You can interact with Tweets from within the timeline by hovering your mouse over a Tweet to reply, retweet, or favorite.
- Clicking anywhere on a Tweet in your timeline expands the Tweet, so you can see photos, videos, and other information related to that Tweet.
Where you'll see other timelines:
- Timelines can also consist of collected messages from users in lists that you've curated or as search results.
- When you click on a list, you will see an aggregated stream of Tweets (a timeline) posted by the users included in that list.
- Similarly, when you perform a search, you'll see a timeline of messages that all match your search terms.
Check out our Tweet & DM Troubleshooting section for solutions to common problems.