To post a Tweet via the web:
- Sign in to your Twitter account.
- Type your Tweet into the box on the left side of your screen, or click the compose new Tweet button in the top navigation bar. It looks like this:
- Make sure your update is fewer than 140 characters. We'll count the characters for you! Remaining characters show up as a number below the box.
- Click the Tweet button to post the Tweet to your profile.
- You will immediately see your Tweet in the timeline on your homepage.
To post a Tweet via text message (SMS):
Another way (some say the best way!) to post updates is from your mobile phone. First, connect your phone with your Twitter account, then simply send your Tweet as a text message to your appropriate Twitter short code the same way you'd send any other text message. Remember to count your characters!
To delete a Tweet:
- To delete a Tweet that you have posted, please read this article.
- Note that you can only delete Tweets which you posted yourself from your account.
- You cannot delete Tweets which were posted by other accounts. Instead, you can unfollow or block users whose tweets you do not want to receive.
- If you are trying to delete a retweet you can read this article to learn more about undo a retweet.
Check out our Tweet & DM troubleshooting section for solutions to common problems.