Having an up-to-date email address attached to your account is a great step toward improved account security.
There are two critical steps for updating your email address:
- Log in to twitter.com and go to your Account settings page.
- Type your new email address into the Email field. Note: An email address can only be associated with one Twitter account at a time.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm your Twitter password. Enter your password in the box and click Save changes.
- You'll immediately see a yellow message on your homepage asking you to confirm your email change. It will stay there until you confirm your new email address (see steps to confirm below).
When you update the email address attached to your account, we’ll send you an email asking you to confirm the change. In the email we send, clicking the Confirm now button lets us know the email address is yours.
- Log in to the email inbox for the address you just updated.
- Open the email from Twitter inviting you to confirm your account.
- Click the Confirm now button in that email.
- We’ll direct you to your Twitter account, and if you not already logged in we’ll ask you to do so.
Users who viewed this article also found these articles helpful: