You can report Tweets that are in violation of the Twitter Rules or our Terms of Service. This includes spam, harassment, impersonation, copyright, or trademark violations. You can report any Tweet on Twitter, including Tweets in your home timeline, the Connect or Discover tabs, or in Twitter Search.
To report a Tweet:
- Navigate to the Tweet you’d like to report.
- Tap the ••• icon (or the ⋮ icon on Android) to bring up the off-screen menu.
- Select Report Tweet and then one of the options below.
- Select Submit (or Next if reporting abuse; see below for details) or Cancel to complete the report or block the user.
- Spam: this is the best option for reporting users who are using spam tactics. Please reference the Twitter Rules for information about some common spam techniques, which include mass creation of accounts for abusive purposes, following a large number of users in a short time, and sending large numbers of unsolicited @replies.
- Compromised: if you think the user’s account has been compromised, and they are no longer in control of their account, select this option, and we will follow up with them to reset their password and/or take other appropriate actions.
- Abusive: for other types of violations, including harassment, copyright or trademark violations, and impersonation, select this option. When you select “Next'”, you'll be taken to a form where you can complete and submit your report to Twitter.
- Block account: instead of reporting a user, you can select this option to block the user. Learn more about what blocking means.
What happens when I report a Tweet?
- The tweet will disappear from your timeline.
- Reporting a Tweet does not automatically result in the user being suspended.
What’s the difference between reporting a user and reporting a Tweet?
Reporting a Tweet allows you to indicate what specific Tweet you think is in violation of the Twitter Rules or policies. If the user is violating Twitter policies without posting a Tweet (for example, mass following large numbers of users), then you should report the user as spam.