Where to get the Twitter for Windows Phone app:
This application is not currently pre-installed on phones - you'll need to download it from the Windows Marketplace in order to use it. Here's how:
- Search for Twitter in the Windows Marketplace or click here.
- Download and install the app on your device.
How to sign up or sign in with the application:
To create a new account:
- Launch the Twitter app from your phone and tap on the Sign up button to create an Twitter account.
- Choose and enter your username and password.
To sign in to an existing Twitter account:
- Launch the app and tap on Sign in.
- Enter your username and password.
To add another account:
- Tap more (looks like three dots).
- Tap Settings, where you'll have the option to add another account.
- Add as many accounts as you'd like!
How to post and delete Tweets and send direct messages:
To post a Tweet:
- Tap on the pen icon at the bottom of the app to compose a Tweet.
- Type in your 140 character message in the Tweet box.
- Tap Tweet to post your Tweet.
To delete a Tweet:
- Tap on the Tweet that you want to delete.
- Tap on the more option at the bottom of the app.
- You will see options to mark a Tweet as favorite, translate or to delete it.
- Tap delete and the Tweet will be deleted.
To send a direct message:
- Tap the envelope icon at the bottom of the app.
- Type in the username of the person you'd like to send the direct message to. Note: The user must follow you in order for you to send them a DM.
- Compose your 140 character direct message.
- Tap send to send the message.
How to change your profile information:
- Tap more.
- Tap on profile (you'll be taken to your profile page).
- Tap more again, then tap edit profile.
- Make your changes and tap done to save them.
How to sign out:
Visit the Settings area to sign out from one or multiple accounts.
Still need help?
Please read our troubleshooting article for Twitter for Windows Phone for answers to common problems.