Where to get the Twitter for Windows Phone app:
This application is not currently pre-installed on phones - you'll need to download it from the Windows Marketplace in order to use it. Here's how:
- Search for Twitter in the Windows Marketplace or click here.
- Download and install the app on your device.
How to sign up or sign in with the application:
To create a new account:
- Launch the Twitter app from your phone and tap on the Sign up button to create an Twitter account.
- Choose and enter your username and password.
To sign in to an existing Twitter account:
- Launch the app and tap on Sign in.
- Enter your username and password.
To add another account:
- Tap more (looks like three dots).
- Tap Settings, where you'll have the option to add another account.
- Add as many accounts as you'd like!
How to post and delete Tweets and send direct messages:
To post a Tweet:
- Tap on the pen icon at the bottom of the app to compose a Tweet.
- Type in your 140 character message in the Tweet box.
- Tap Tweet to post your Tweet.
To delete a Tweet:
- Tap on the Tweet that you want to delete.
- Tap on the more option at the bottom of the app.
- You will see options to mark a Tweet as favorite, translate or to delete it.
- Tap delete and the Tweet will be deleted.
To send a direct message:
- Tap the envelope icon at the bottom of the app.
- Type in the username of the person you'd like to send the direct message to. Note: The user must follow you in order for you to send them a DM.
- Compose your 140 character direct message.
- Tap send to send the message.
How to change your profile information:
- Tap more.
- Tap on profile (you'll be taken to your profile page).
- Tap more again, then tap edit profile.
- Make your changes and tap done to save them.
How to sign out:
- Tap the icon and select settings from the menu that pops up.
- Press and hold the account you’d like to sign out from, and select remove when it appears.
- Tap yes to confirm you would like to sign out. Signing out will remove your Twitter data from the device.
Still need help?
Please read our troubleshooting article for Twitter for Windows Phone for answers to common problems.