Where to get the app:
You can download the Twitter for Windows 8 app from the Windows Marketplace.
- Search for Twitter in the Windows Marketplace or click here.
- Download and install the app on your device.
How to sign up or sign in with the application:
To create a new account:
- Launch the Twitter app from your device.
- Tap on the Sign up button to create an Twitter account.
- Choose and enter your username, email, and password.
To sign in to an existing Twitter account:
- Launch the app and tap Sign in.
- Enter your username and password.
How to post and delete Tweets and direct messages:
To post a Tweet:
- Tap on the compose icon (looks like a feather quill) to begin writing a Tweet.
- Type in your 140-characters-or-less message in the Tweet box.
- Tap Tweet to post your Tweet.
To delete a Tweet:
- Tap on the Tweet that you'd like to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon.
- Tap on Delete Tweet.
To send a direct message:
- Navigate to your profile page and tap Message.
- Tap the compose icon to begin composing your direct message.
- Type in the username of the person you’d like to send the direct message to.
- Tap Send to send the message.
To quote a Tweet:
- Tap the Tweet you'd like to quote.
- Select Share Charm from the Windows 8 bar, and then select Twitter.
How to change your profile information:
- Navigate to your profile page and tap Edit profile; the app will open up a new page in Internet Explorer.
- Enter your account credentials.
- You’ll be taken to a page where you can edit your profile; make any changes you’d like.
- Tap Save changes.
How to sign out:
- Swipe across the screen from right to left and a menu will appear.
- Tap Settings and then Options.
- Tap Log out and then Yes to the prompt to sign out.
From anywhere in the app:
- Ctrl+N = Compose a new tweet
- Ctrl+M = New direct message with no user preselected
From the home timeline:
- Down arrow = Scroll down
- Up arrow = Scroll up
- Space bar = Select Tweet
From within an expanded Tweet:
- Ctrl+F = Favorite
- Ctrl+R = Reply
- Ctrl+T = Retweet
- Delete = Delete Tweet
- Ctrl+M = New direct message with user preselected
From a user's profile:
Ctrl+M = New direct message with user preselected
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We regularly review user feedback and aim to address reported bugs in future releases.