Twitter Support can troubleshoot any log in issues or Twitter account problems on twitter.com and with our official apps, but we are unable to troubleshoot for the BlackBerry application itself. Below, we've provided a link to the BlackBerry support site to point you in the right direction if you need assistance.
BlackBerry support site:
How to sign up for an account:
- Tap the Sign up link at the bottom of the welcome screen and fill out the fields asking for your name, email address, desired username, and password.
- If your desired username is already taken, sign up will fail and you will see a red cross next to the field prompting you to choose a new username.
- When you have completed the form, tap Sign up. A message will pop up telling you your account has been successfully created.
Note: Once your account is created, a confirmation email will be sent to your email address. You must confirm your email address in order for it to be fully associated with your Twitter account so that you can receive important notifications from us regarding your account.
How to post and delete a Tweet:
To post a Tweet:
- Tap the Compose Tweet bar towards the top of the screen (pictured below).
- Compose your 140-character message and tap Tweet.
- The Tweet will be successfully posted to your profile.
When composing a Tweet, you will also see the options to:
- Add a photo from your gallery
- Add your location to the Tweet
- Post your status to BBM
To delete a Tweet:
- Tap the Tweet you'd like to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon at the bottom of the Tweet (pictured below).
- A message will pop-up with the option to cancel. Tap Delete.
- The Tweet will be successfully removed from your profile.
How to navigate your home timeline:
- At the top of Twitter you’ll see a navigation bar (shown above).
- Home is where you see Tweets from the accounts you follow and can navigate back to your home timeline.
- @ (Connect) is where you can find your public @mentions, new followers and people who have favorited your Tweets.
- # (Discover) is where you can see the latest trends and find people to follow.
- Search (The magnifying glass icon) is where you can search for people, trends and other great content on Twitter.
- Me (the person icon) is where you can view and edit your profile, access your direct messages, lists, and more!
- Scroll down through your Home timeline to see the latest updates from users you follow (pictured below).
- From the home timeline, you can tap on an individual Tweet to see the Tweet’s details page, including photos and media, conversations, and the number of favorites and retweets the Tweet has received.
- On the Tweet’s details page you can also reply to, retweet, or mark the Tweet as a favorite.
The @ tab: mentions, Interactions, and more
- The @ tab will show the user replies and mentions from other users. What are the differences between replies and mentions? Learn more.
- Here you will also see and recent favorites or retweets you’ve received, as well as who has recently followed. you.
The # tab: see trends, find friends, and browse your interests
- From the # tab, tap on a trend to view real-time Tweets about this topic.
- Tap View all trends to see a complete list of the top trends.
Who to Follow
- In the Who To Follow section you’ll find suggested accounts to follow personalized for you.
- Tap View all suggestions to see a complete list suggested users to follow.
Tapping Browse categories will take you to a page where you can view a list of suggested users in different categories such as music, sports, entertainment, fashion, and more!
The Search tab: find things you love on Twitter
In the search section you can look for other topics, hashtags, or accounts which might interest you on Twitter.
The Me tab: your profile, direct messages, lists, favorites
Direct messages (DMs)
- From the Me tab, tap the envelope icon to access your sent and received DMs.
- To respond to a DM, tap the username of the sender to open the conversation thread and type your message in the text box at the bottom of the page.
- To compose a new DM, open the Blackberry menu and tap the compose message option.
- To delete a DM conversation, open the Blackberry menu and select Clear conversation.
- Learn more about DMs.
Tap on your Profile and then Favorites to see a list of Tweets you recently marked as a favorite.
- Tap Lists to access lists that you’ve created on twitter.com and are currently subscribed to.
- Tap Create new list to add a new list.
- Tap a specific list to see the timeline Tweets from members of that list.
Editing your profile
- Tap the Gear icon and then Settings to change edit your settings. Here you can edit your notification settings, add new accounts and connect your Twitter to BBM.
- Tap Gear icon and tap Edit profile to edit your profile image, bio, website, location, or real name.