If you'd like to receive Twitter notifications to your device, you can enable push notifications in your Twitter app settings, or attach a phone number to your account for updates via SMS.
To enable or disable push notifications from an official Twitter app:
- Open up your official Twitter application.
- Tap on the Me tab and then select Settings.
- Next, tap on your account and then Notifications under your account settings.
- Tap the type of notification you'd like to receive and swipe to ON. For many notifications options, you can also select who you'd like to receive those notifications from.
To enable notifications via SMS:
If you already have a phone number attached to your account:
You can receive Twitter notifications in the form of text messages. More information about using Twitter via SMS can be found here.
- Log in and visit your mobile settings page.
- Check the boxes for any type of text message notifications you want to receive (example: new followers, new @replies, etc).
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
If you don't have a phone number attached to your account:
You can add your number by visiting https://twitter.com/devices. After you attach a device, you will then be able to opt into receiving mobile notifications from users you follow. Use the steps listed above.
More detailed information about push notifications can be found in these articles: