To change your notification settings:
- In the top menu, tap on the overflow icon (on the far right) and select Settings.
- Tap the username of the account you'd like to adjust.
- Under Notification settings, tap Notifications.
- From here you can tap to adjust the types of notifications you'd like to receive.
To set up notifications for new Tweets from selected accounts:
- Go to the account's profile on the app.
- Tap the gear icon located next to the follow button.
- From the pop up menu that appears, select Turn on notifications. You can only adjust notifications for accounts that you follow.
Enabling notifications on Kindle Fire or other tablet?
- Notifications are not push compatible on tablets even if Twitter for Android is installed.
- The notification setting relies on the sync setting and sync Interval to determine when the app pulls for new mentions, favorites, retweets, new followers, direct messages, or Tweets.
- Notifications will only appear when the device is active; no notifications appear when the device's screen turns off or goes to standby, but will appear in the status bar once the device is activated.